Sunday, July 15, 2018

It's Always God



Verse of the month 

I will lift up my eyes to the hills.  From whence comes my help?
 My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

July 15th – 21st, 2018

Scripture Reading:  Psalm 121:8 

It’s Always God

I once spoke to a lawyer about the blessings of God and His favor on His children in their vocations.  This man said that he was a believer but had never seen Jesus on the witness stand for him.  In his mind all of the success he achieved as an attorney was attributed only to himself.

He alone was the "mover and shaker" in the courtroom and was the man in charge of his destiny.  It was pre-determined in his mind that God was there but only as a spectator.

His statement troubled me as I pondered Psalm 121:1-2.

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills.  From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth."

I have been in some fairly impossible situations and know without a shadow of a doubt that God has been there for me.  When I was orphaned at the age of 15, I had no idea what I was going to do let alone what the next day was going to bring.  Yet God directed my comings and my goings.

“The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
from this time forth, and even forevermore.”  (Psalm 121:8 NKJV)

He saw to it that I had a place to live and gave me the strength to carry on even without my beloved parents there to guide me. Now, many years later, I still see that my help came then and comes now from the Lord and there is absolutely no doubt about it.

I challenge you today to look back on your own life to see just where God stepped in for you.  You won't have to look far. Even in the smallest of details we can see that our help always comes from the Lord. (jw)

July 15th – 21st, 2018 Daily Bible Reading








*Also be sure to read a Proverb a day. 

Daily Readings are designed to read through the entire Bible in one year. 

An outreach ministry of Shield of Faith Family & Youth Ministries®,Inc.
Copyright SOFFY Ministries/Pastor Cher. Do Not Copy.  Photo credit by SOFFY Ministries unless otherwise noted. This artwork is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.

Scripture from the KJV/NKJV of the Bible unless noted. Scripture from: Bible Gateway. Image

Bible, Bible in One Year Reading Schedule, Faith Moments, Faith Moments Devotional, Inspirational Reading, Read through the Bible in One Year, Shield of Faith Family and Youth Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment