Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Targeted Teaching


Verse of the month:

“ For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
 (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)

August 15th – 21st, 2018

Scripture Reading:  Proverbs 22:6 (NLT)

Targeted Teaching

There was no doubt growing up what I wanted to be in life.  Everything I did somehow led back to teaching.  However, there was a time that my parents weren’t sure whether or not that is what I would be suited for best.  

When it was time to pick classes for high school everything pointed to secretarial or business school, which made sense growing up in business and my mother excelling in shorthand and typing.  

I selected classes that would lead me along that path.  The problem was that I didn’t like that direction and never felt I could spread my creative wings.  

The Bible instructs parents to teach or direct their children in the direction that they should go.  In other words, to target our teaching to fit the gifts of each child individually.

Most people totally miss this thinking it’s all about following God and when they are older they won’t walk away from the Lord, when in fact that’s not the case.


”Direct your children onto the right path,
    and when they are older, they will not leave it.”
(Proverbs 22:6 NLT)

God has gifted each person in the areas that will make them shine in their field, and when we direct our kids to follow their gifts they usually follow that inner dream.  If we train our children to recognize their talents they will seek them out and be successful in their true callings.

My parents didn’t insist that I follow in their footsteps, but allowed me to seek the path where God had good plans already set in motion for me. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Teaching was my right direction and path to follow.  I have never turned away or left that field, even though my teaching has changed over the years.

Instead of trying to lead your kids into fields that you think they might like or have them follow in your footprints, rethink your strategies and target teach in the areas where they excel.

Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance in directing each child in the path where they are gifted.  They will see more successes, which will build their confidence and skills as they grow into adulthood.

God has a great future already planned for your children and if they follow His ways they will love what they do in life. (cw)


August 15th – 21st, 2018 Daily Bible Reading









*Also be sure to read a Proverb a day. 

Daily Readings are designed to read through the entire Bible in one year. 

An outreach ministry of Shield of Faith Family & Youth Ministries®,Inc.
Copyright SOFFY Ministries/Pastor Cher. Do Not Copy.  Photo credit by SOFFY Ministries unless otherwise noted. This artwork is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.

Scripture from the KJV/NKJV of the Bible unless noted. Scripture from: Bible Gateway. Image

Bible, Bible in One Year Reading Schedule, Faith Moments, Faith Moments Devotional, Inspirational Reading, Read through the Bible in One Year, Shield of Faith Family and Youth Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment